Additional "GBY" Response Examples
More of the diversity, but less alignment with sought-after "constructive response" criteria.
Examples of the verbal part of numerous rejoinders follow below, absent their nonverbal aspects (unknown). Some contributors just generally reject the offered blessing. Others acknowledge a god in their reply (reinforcing the deity concept?). Some make one's faith status an issue. A few would go so far as to berate the person.
- I'm not concerned with that.
- I don't think so.
- No thanks. I have a naturalistic worldview.
- Peace and prosperity without god, I’d say.
- I'll pass, thanks.
- Thank you. And which god would that be? (just kidding)
- Thank you, but I am an atheist.
- Thanks, but sorry, I don´t believe in any gods; I´m a bright.
- Thank you for your sentiment, but please, let's leave god out of it.
- Let’s praise not needing a god to be healthy.
- A rather outdated statement, don't you think?
- Thanks, but why bring in your god for such a minor thing?
- Why would such an entity make me sneeze then bless me?
- If I were a Buddhist, would you be so kind to say "Buddha bless you"? (Allah for Muslims? Darwin for evolutionists? Shermer for skeptics?)
- Thanks, but I'm a godless harlot.